Greater Midwest Region
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) office for the Greater Midwest Region is located at Hardin Library for the Health Sciences at the University of Iowa. By collaborating, training, and funding over 1,100 health centers, health departments, community organizations, as well as medical, public, and school libraries in a 10 state region, the office supports the mission of the NNLM to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health through access to health information.
Why attend the Symposium: Health Information for Public Librarians?
May 22-23, 2018
- Become more competent in health literacy for your patrons
- Learn about educational, financial and community engagement resources for health literacy outreach
- Meet colleagues with the same concerns about barriers and challenges in providing health literacy services
- Understand national Initiatives on reducing disparities in health
The Medical Library Association, Public Library Association and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine have joined forces and developed a symposium designed to bring public librarians, health sciences librarians, and health professionals together to learn from each other on how best to serve the diverse health needs of our community.
Welcome New GMR Members
- Minnesota Adult & Teen Challenge, Minneapolis, MN
- Native American Development Center, Bismarck, ND
- Richard A. Mautino Memorial Library, Spring Valley, IL
- Richland County Health and Human Services, Richland Center, WI
- Northeastern Illinois University Ronald Williams Library, Chicago, IL
- Felbry College School of Nursing, Columbus, OH
- Twinsburg Public Library, Twinsburg, OH
The Importance of Diversity in All of Us Research
Improving our Region's Health
Interested in training opportunities from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine? Here are just a few of our upcoming classes: