The goal of the NNLM is to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health by providing U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information and improving individuals' access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
The Health Sciences and Human Services Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore serves as the Regional Medical Library (RML) for Region 1, which provides programs, services, and dedicated support for NNLM Members in Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
Looking for assistance? Browse our staff directory to find contact information, and get to know the RML staff by reading their personal bios.
Member organizations are eligible for benefits and services, including: NNLM funding, access to training, partnership opportunities, free educational and printed materials, NLM Traveling Exhibitions, and institutional recognition as a Network Member.
Eastern Kentucky Floods
Our thoughts and concerns are with our members, colleagues and friends in Eastern Kentucky and other areas impacted by recent floods. Below are some resources related to emergencies and disaster preparedness:
- Disaster Assistance: This site provides survivors of disasters with information about applying for assistance.
- CDC Natural Disasters and Severe Weather – Flooding: This site provides information on floodwater safety. It also provides information on returning home after a flood event.
- Food and Water Safety During Power Outages and Floods: This site provides information on safely handling food and drinking water after a flood event.
- Floodwater After a Disaster or Emergency: This site provides information on floodwater safety and what to do if you have been exposed to contaminated flood waters.
- NNLM Emergency and Disaster Resources Guide: An online collection of resources and tools that are relevant to disaster and emergency management.
Additionally due to the current rescue efforts, the Kentucky State Police has provided information on how to report someone missing during this time.
In the News
Region 1 Office Hours
Region 1 will host Office Hours to answer any questions you may have. Office Hours are available every other Wednesday starting at 1 PM ET. Register for one or more sessions!
Unable to attend Office Hours? NNLM Region 1 staff are available for consultation and training on applicable NLM resources and potential projects.
Are You Up-To-Date?
NNLM liaisons: Is your organization's NNLM profile up-to-date? Here's how to check:
- Login to your NNLM user account.
- Update your password if needed.
- Follow the "Update my profile" link
- Update your organization's profile as needed or contact Region 1 for assistance.
New to NNLM? Create a Free NNLM User Account!
Keep In Touch!
Email: Contact Region 1 staff via email
Region Weekly Digest: Subscribe to the Region 1 Insights Weekly Digest to receive the latest news and announcements about educational and funding opportunities.
Membership: If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the NNLM, you can sign up here. It's free!
DOCLINE Questions: Email Region 1 DOCLINE Support
Funding Support: If your project was funded by the Region 1 Office, please refer to the Funded Projects Guide for assistance to many frequently asked questions.