NNLM Book Discussion offers library staff interested in better understanding health issues faced by their communities an opportunity to explore topics with other professionals and earn Continuing Education Credit.
Participants can complete the book and earn CE credit on their schedule. A new book is selected each quarter. Participants can acquire the book in their performed format and have three months to complete the requirements.
Requirements to earn CE.
- Complete the book in your preferred format
- Log into the Moodle
- Explore the shared resources
- Do ONE of the following
- Answer the required discussion question in Moodle
- Attend one of the two live discussion sessions and participate
It is not necessary to engage in Moodle discussions for all three months, although you are welcome to do so.
Book 1: Doing Harm by Maya Dusenbury - May 1 - July 31, 2022
Book 2: The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman - August 1 - October 31
Book 3: Beautiful Country: a Memoir by Qian Julie Wang - November 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
- To increase library staff awareness and understanding of health issues faced by individuals and communities
- Explore health resources from NLM, NIH, and other organizations related to the topic
Code of Conduct NNLM is dedicated to providing a welcoming and supportive environment for all people, regardless of background or identity. As such, we expect respectful interactions with instructors and learners. Read the full Code of Conduct here.