Spring 2021 #CiteNLM Edit-a-thon
The spring #CiteNLM campaign period will run from March 1-31, 2021. This edit-a-thon will focus on improving articles related to Healthy Aging.
Our all day virtual #citeNLM Edit-a-thon takes place on Wednesday, March 31. Join your colleagues and NNLM staff for a live editing session from 1-3 PM ET to chat about Wikipedia, edit articles, and connect with the #CiteNLM community. No prior experience required!
How to Participate
Step 1: Create a free account on Wikipedia
Step 2: Register on our campaign dashboard
- Sign-up to independently participate in our one-day virtual edit-a-thon on March 31, 2021 or host your own virtual event
- If you’re a new editor, or new to WikiProject Medicine, complete the training modules on Wikipedia Basics and/or Editing Medical Topics
Step 3: Find an article that needs a citation. Here are some strategies:
- Choose one of the pre-selected articles on the program dashboard
- Find an article with sourcing or other problems
- Select an article while browsing pages related to the campaign theme
Step 4: Cite a source
- Find a source from NLM or other reliable website to support the article
- Add a citation using Wikipedia Style (learn more about adding citations from 1Lib1Ref)
- Add the project hashtag #CiteNLM in the Wikipedia Edit Summary
Step 5: Share!