NNLM RD3: Resources for Data-Driven Discovery
The NNLM supports access to biomedical and health information with the goal of making data discoverable, accessible, and citable. NNLM RD3: Resources for Data-Driven Discovery has been developed to foster learning and collaboration in data science. In order to support sharing, curating, and annotating biomedical data, NNLM RD3 serves as a resource for librarians, library students, information professionals, and interested individuals to learn about and discuss: library roles in data science; fundamentals of domain sciences; emerging trends in supporting biomedical research.
Biomedical and Health Research Data Management Training for Librarians
Applications for the next round of Biomedical and Health Research Data Management Training for Librarians are now open! Health sciences librarians are invited to apply for the online course, Biomedical and Health Research Data Management Training for Librarians, offered by the NNLM Training Office (NTO). The course is a free, 7-week online class with engaging lessons, practical activities and a final project. The course runs October 15 – December 14, 2018.
Data Science around the Regions
- Today (November 15th) is National Rural Health Day
- Upcoming Webinar: Proposed Provisions for a Draft NIH Data Management and Sharing Policy
- Data Flash: RIP PubMed Health
- Health Sciences Librarians of Illinois Annual Conference – Rivers of Data, Streams of Knowledge
- NIH Seeks Public Comment on Proposed Provisions for a Future Draft Data Management and Sharing Policy
Announcing Data Thesaurus 2.0 !
Welcome to the Data Thesaurus, a resource connecting and defining concepts, services, and tools relevant to librarians working in data-driven discovery. A definition, relevant literature, and web resources accompany each term along with links to related terms.