Learn how to conduct a health reference interview using ethical and effective communication strategies in this 4 credit-hour, on-demand, online class.
By working through 3 interactive, self-paced tutorials, questionnaires, forums, and a synthesis exercise, learners will be able to:
1. Apply ethical and effective communication strategies to identify the health information needs of patrons
2. Explain the ways librarians can protect patrons’ health privacy and confidentiality
3. Describe the ways librarians can practice ethical health information provision throughout the reference interview.
4. Evaluate online health information
5. Explain why it is important to teach evaluation skills to library patrons.