- NNLM SEA Welcomes New Consumer Health Coordinator Jarrod Irwin
- NNLM SEA Digest News – June 7, 2019
- Register Now: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Nine Conversations that Matter to Health Sciences Librarians with Jessica Pettitt
- Save the dates: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Nine Conversations that Matter to Health Sciences Librarians with Jessica Pettitt
- NNLM SEA Digest News – May 24, 2019
Interested in training opportunities from the NNLM SEA? Here are just a few of our upcoming classes taught by SEA Coordinators:
SEA Welcomes Jarrod Irwin
New Consumer Health Coordinator
On June 24th, 2019, NNLM Southeastern/Atlantic (SEA) Region welcomes Jarrod Irwin as our new Consumer Health Coordinator. In this role, Jarrod will coordinate the development and implementation of consumer health and health literacy programs throughout the region.
Jarrod is a recent graduate of the Information School at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he worked at Ebling Library for the Health Sciences and on the UW Libraries' Web Services Usability and Assessment Team. In 2018, he presented at the meeting of the Medical Library Association's Midwest chapter, where he shared strategies for public libraries to help meet transgender patrons' health information needs. Jarrod also exhibited on behalf of Ebling Library at the 2019 Wisconsin Health Literacy Summit. Before starting library school, he worked as a technical writer for the EMR software developer Epic and as a job coach for Hope Network Rehabilitation Services in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Outside of work, Jarrod enjoys spending time with his cat, watching science documentaries, and searching for unusual items in thrift stores.
You can e-mail Jarrod at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach him directly at 410-706-4673