Serve as a partner outreach library, offering training and promotion of NLM resources on behalf of the GMR.
Greater Midwest Region
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) office for the Greater Midwest Region is located at Hardin Library for the Health Sciences at the University of Iowa. By collaborating, training, and funding over 1,100 health centers, health departments, community organizations, as well as medical, public, and school libraries in a 10 state region, the office supports the mission of the NNLM to advance the progress of medicine and improve public health through access to health information.
Improving our Region's Health
- Funding Awarded for Opioid e-Resource Database Development and Outreach Project!
- Attending the July Systematic Reviews Workshop at the University of Pittsburgh
- Clinical Research and Patient Wellness Training Session in Sioux City, Iowa
- Stepping off Campus to Provide Health Information Training for Public Librarians
- Summer Outreach at Ebling Library
Resource Guides from the GMR
Are you reaching out to a new community? Do you need help finding resources for a specific population? Do you want to learn more about NLM resources for a particular initiative?
Check out these Resource Guides created by the GMR.
Funded Project Highlight
Interested in training opportunities from the National Network of Libraries of Medicine? Here are just a few of our upcoming classes: