PubMed Essentials (on-demand)
What is this class about?
This class is about PubMed, a free resource that provides access to MEDLINE, the National Library of Medicine database of citations and abstracts in the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, health care systems, and preclinical sciences.
Who should take this class?
If you are new to PubMed or just want a refresher this online, self-paced class is for you.
What is the format of the class?
PubMed Essentials is an online class that is available, upon registration, 24/7. After you register, you will be able to work on the class whenever you have time. The class is made up of 12 video-modules that include short videos (2-3 minutes each), with interactive exercises built into each video-module so you can explore PubMed at your own pace.
How long does the class take to complete?
The course is designed to take approximately one hour to complete.
Here is what we hope you will learn by taking PubMed Essentials:
- Students will be able to define the scope of PubMed.
- Students will be able to run a basic PubMed subject search.
- Student will be able to explain how a subject search works.
- Students will be able to find a known citation by citation elements.
- Students will be able to find articles by a specific author.
- Students will be able to find specific journal titles
- Students will be able to obtain the full text
- Students will be able to locate systematic review literature
- Students will be able to find the latest literature about treating a disease.
- Students will be able to use MeSH to build a search.
- Students will be able to create a Collection
- Students will be able to save a search.
Upon completion, this class is worth 1 MLA CE credit.
There are no archived recordings of this class
There are no upcoming classes