Looking for programming ideas? Reach out to your Regional Medical Library to learn about programming and projects that have been successful in the past. Here are some additional resources to help get your creative juices flowing!
- All of Us Journey
- Libraries Transform Campaign
- Programming Librarian
- WebJunction Healthy Libraries & Healthy Communiites
- Health Literacy Toolkit
- NLM Traveling Exhibits
- How to make the most of your National Library of Medicine Traveling Exhibition
- Urban Libraries Council Innovations for Health, Safety & Sustainability
- Collaborative Summer Library Program
- Sharing Health Stories
- Graphic Medicine
- Environmental Engagement
- Genetics for Youth
- NYLA AoU Engagement Lab
Resources on Digital Literacy
- DigitalLearn.org(link is external)
- Public Library Association Digital Literacy Professional Tools
- Digital Literacy Training Programs and Resources
- GCFLearnFree.org program in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Based on your community assessment you might find that there are other local organizations who are already doing some of this work, or you might have great partnerships with local groups established already. Whatever the case, partnering with community organizations can help bring in subject expertise and share resources to improve the success of your initiatives. Here are some resources to help you develop and maintain effective partnerships.
The Community Toolbox is an excellent resource! It also includes articles in Spanish and Arabic. Here are some links to some specific resources out of the Community Toolbox that you might find useful:
- Creating and Maintaining Partnerships
- Working with Partners: How to Plan for Collaborative Outcome Measurement
- All of Us Research Program Community Resources
- PLA Healthy Community Tools for Public Libraries
- NNLM Consumer Health Resources
The Public Library Association is doing some great work with health literacy initiatives. See what they are doing here.