NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network
We are thrilled at your interest in engaging with the NNLM All of Us CEN to bring health and wellness services to your community! Try out one of our engagement levels! You can Join Us, Work with Us, and Lead with Us. Each level includes a variety of engagement opportunities allowing you to pick and choose activities that fit your community's needs and interests. You can engage with us at any or all of these levels!
Level 1: Join Us
- Become a member of the NNLM;
- Sign up for the NNLM All of Us CEN Newsletter for the latest updates on All of Us and upcoming engagement opportunities; and
- Circulate information on All of Us to your staff and/or include it on a staff in-service or meeting agenda so everyone is aware of the program and knows where to go for more information.
Benefits of Level 1 participation include
- training and other educational opportunities offered through NNLM – and work towards receiving your Consumer Health Information Specialization;
- free educational and printed materials, including NLM posters, brochures, bookmarks, and other publications; and
- Up to date information on the benefits of biomedical research and All of Us.
Level 2: Work with Us
- Schedule a site-visit with your NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator to learn more about All of Us and how you can get involved and to provide training on providing access to credible online health information to your patrons;
- Make All of Us brochures available in your library, including at existing health and wellness programs and events and through your library’s outreach services, including bookmobiles and book bikes;
- Volunteer with the All of Us Journey, an All of Us traveling educational experience, or sign up to exhibit at an All of Us journey event in your community;
- Work with local All of Us partners to help promote All of Us community events via your library’s website, bulletin board, listserv, social media presence, newsletter and/or digital signage;
- Help local All of Us partners book a meeting room in your library to host an All of Us community event;
- Work with local All of Us partners to support digital literacy by promoting your library’s laptop/tablet loan program to All of Us participants so that they can access the All of Us website and additional information needs; and
- Work with NNLM to display an exhibit on health information and All of Us in your library
Benefits of Level 2 participation include
- All of the benefits of Level 1;
- Opportunity to learn more about how biomedical research and All of Us can impact your community;
- Support from NNLM in developing health and wellness and All of Us programming designed for your community’s needs; and
- Opportunities for new and enhanced partnerships - we can assist you in fostering connections with health sciences libraries and other health-related information centers in your region.
Level 3: Lead with Us
- Apply for funding for a project supporting your community’s health information needs and raising awareness about All of Us;
- Host an All of Us Journey event in your community;
- Collaborate with All of Us partners to host a recruitment event utilizing library public access computers;
- Work with All of Us partners to support digital literacy by integrating All of Us topics of interest (ex: health literacy, environmental health, family health histories) into basic, intermediate and advanced computer and internet searching classes;
- Offer health and wellness programming for adults that includes a focus on topics related to All of Us and can be promoted to All of Us participants in your community;
- Invite a local All of Us partner to help provide awareness of All of Us using your library’s outreach methods, including bookmobiles and book bikes; and
- Participate in All of Us regional campaigns;
Benefits of Level 3 participation include
- All of the benefits of Level 1 and 2;
- Eligibility for funding for health information access and providing awareness of All of Us in your community; and
- Visibility in the community as a leader on health and equity.
Use the opportunities listed above to promote reliable health information resources, provide access to technology, distribute information on the benefits of participation in health research, and provide a general awareness of All of Us to your community members. Many of these engagement ideas can be carried out in collaboration with your NNLM Regional Medical Library, local All of Us partners or other health organizations in your community. If you don't see any activities that inspire you, your All of Us Engagement Coordinator can connect you to other opportunities through the NNLM.
What does success look like for the CEN? Ultimately, through our partnerships NNLM wants to be able to demonstrate a positive impact on library systems, public library staff, and participants who have used libraries to access health information by enhancing their health information capacity and raising awareness of All of Us.
Contact us for more information!
We are excited to work with you to build a customized plan for how you can engage in the NNLM All of Us CEN, support health and wellness initiatives and provide an awareness of All of Us in your community!
Your NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator can help you work with you to identify and develop All of Us engagement opportunities that will work with your library and community members. They can also help you get access to funding opportunities, connections to health professionals in your community and provide ideas for health programming that will work for your needs.
Get in touch with your NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator.