NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Network (CEN)
We are thrilled at your interest in engaging with the CEN to engage your community with health and wellness and awareness of the All of Us Research Program (All of Us)! To get started, browse our engagement levels:
Join Us, Work with Us, Lead with Us.
Each level includes a variety of engagement opportunities allowing you to pick and choose activities that fit your community's needs and interests. You can engage with us at any or all of these levels!
Do you see an activity that interests you and want to learn more? Or, perhaps not finding something that fits your community's needs and interests? Your All of Us Engagement Coordinator can help you customize our activities to fit your needs.
Level 1: Join Us
- Become a member of the NNLM. When signing up, be sure to check the All of Us radio button and we'll be sure to send you more information on how to get involved!
- Sign up for the NNLM All of Us CEN Newsletter for the latest updates on All of Us and upcoming engagement opportunities; and
- Circulate information on All of Us to your staff and/or include it on a staff in-service or meeting agenda so everyone is aware of the program and knows where to go for more information. Your Engagement Coordinator can help you order All of Us brochures at no cost to you!
Benefits of Level 1 participation include
- Access to quality training and other educational opportunities offered through NNLM and the opportunity to work towards receiving your Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS) from the Medical Library Association. NNLM will also help you get your CHIS for free!
- Access to free educational and printed materials, including NLM posters, brochures, bookmarks, and other publications. Check out your Regional Medical Library's website to see what they have available!
- Up to date information on the benefits of biomedical research and All of Us.
Level 2: Work with Us
- Schedule a site-visit with your Engagement Coordinator to learn more about All of Us, how you can get involved and to provide training on providing access to credible online health information to your patrons.
- Make All of Us brochures available in your library, including at existing health and wellness programs and events and through your library’s outreach services, including bookmobiles and book bikes. Your Engagement Coordinator can help you order All of Us brochures at no cost to you!
- Volunteer with the All of Us Journey, an All of Us traveling educational experience, or sign up to exhibit at an All of Us journey event in your community.
- Work with local All of Us partners to help promote All of Us community events via your library’s website, bulletin board, listserv, social media presence, newsletter and/or digital signage.
- Help local All of Us partners book a meeting room in your library to host an All of Us community event.
- Work with local All of Us partners to support digital literacy by promoting your library’s laptop/tablet loan program to All of Us participants so that they can access the All of Us website and additional information needs.
- Work with NNLM to display an exhibit on precision medicine and All of Us in your library.
- Apply for one of the NNLM program kits to offer a health & wellness program in your library that can be promoted to All of Us participants in your community. We have several to choose from. Check out our funding opportunities tab for more information.
Benefits of Level 2 participation include
- All of the benefits of Level 1.
- Opportunity to learn more about how biomedical research and All of Us can impact your community.
- Support from NNLM in developing health and wellness and All of Us programming designed for your community’s needs.
- Opportunities for new and enhanced partnerships - we can assist you in fostering connections with health sciences libraries and other health-related information centers in your region.
Level 3: Lead with Us
- Apply for funding for a project supporting your community’s health information needs and raising awareness about All of Us.
- Host an All of Us Journey event in your community.
- Collaborate with All of Us partners to host a recruitment event utilizing library public access computers.
- Work with All of Us partners to integrate health & wellness and All of Us into your digital literacy trainings (ex: health literacy, environmental health, family health histories). Head on over to our digital health literacy webpage to learn more!
- Offer health and wellness programming for adults that includes a focus on topics related to All of Us and can be promoted to All of Us participants in your community. Looking for a speaker? Browse for potential speakers in the NNLM Speakers Bureau (Coming Soon).
- Invite a local All of Us partner to help provide awareness of All of Us using your library’s outreach methods, including bookmobiles and book bikes.
Benefits of Level 3 participation include
- All of the benefits of Level 1 and 2.
- Eligibility for funding for health information access and providing awareness of All of Us in your community.
- Visibility in the community as a leader on health and equity.
Use the opportunities listed above to promote reliable health information resources, provide access to technology, distribute information on the benefits of participation in health research, and provide a general awareness of All of Us to your community members. Many of these engagement ideas can be carried out in collaboration with your Regional Medical Library, local All of Us partners or other health organizations in your community.
Contact us for more information!
We are excited to work with you to build a customized plan for how you can engage in the NNLM All of Us CEN, support health and wellness initiatives and provide an awareness of All of Us in your community!
Your NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator can help you work with you to identify and develop All of Us engagement opportunities that will work with your library and community members. They can also help you get access to funding opportunities, connections to health professionals in your community and provide ideas for health programming that will work for your needs.
Get in touch with your NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator.
What does success look like for the CEN? Ultimately, through our partnerships NNLM wants to be able to demonstrate a positive impact on library systems, public library staff, and participants who have used libraries to access health information by enhancing their health information capacity and raising awareness of All of Us.