ABOUT THE NNLM COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT CENTER
The mission of the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Center is to improve consumer access to high quality health information in communities throughout the U.S., specifically by working with public libraries.
Located in the NNLM’s Greater Midwest Region at the University of Iowa, the NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Center will develop activities that will be responsive and tailored to provide value-added services for public libraries and public library staff, such as health information credentialing, resources for programming, and funding opportunities.
ABOUT THE ALL OF US RESEARCH PROGRAM
The mission of the All of Us Research Program is to accelerate health research and medical breakthroughs, enabling individualized prevention, treatment, and care for all of us.
All of Us aims to build one of the largest, most diverse datasets of its kind for health research, with one million or more volunteers nation-wide who will sign up to share their information over time.
The program aims to reflect the diversity of America through its participants. All people living in the United States – not just citizens – will be able to participate.
Learn more about the All of Us Research Program!
The Importance of Diversity
All of Us Coast to Coast
All of Us Coast to Coast
What is All of Us?
Consumer Health Classes
Review the current Consumer Health Classes that are being offered across the network:
Why attend the Symposium: Health Information for Public Librarians?
May 22-23, 2018
- Become more competent in health literacy for your patrons
- Learn about educational, financial and community engagement resources for health literacy outreach
- Meet colleagues with the same concerns about barriers and challenges in providing health literacy services
- Understand national Initiatives on reducing disparities in health
The Medical Library Association, Public Library Association and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine have joined forces and developed a symposium designed to bring public librarians, health sciences librarians, and health professionals together to learn from each other on how best to serve the diverse health needs of our community.
Apply for Travel Funds
Check out your region's funding opportunities.
- Greater Midwest Region Funding Opportunities
- Midcontinental Region Funding Opportunities
- Middle Atlantic Region Funding Opportunities
- New England Region Funding Opportunities
- Pacific Northwest Region Funding Opportunities
- Pacific Southwest Region Funding Opportunities
- South Central Region Funding Opportunities
- Southeastern/Atlantic Region Funding Opportunities