Executive Director, SCR
- Oversees the development and implementation of programming for the five-state region
- Establishes and maintains relationships with network members and health information professionals
- Leads HIV/AIDS Outreach Program efforts in the South Central Region
- Coordinating disaster preparedness programs and educational efforts
- Advising on technological trends and assessing social media strategy
Brian is the Executive Director of the NNLM South Central Region (SCR). He develops and implements the overall outreach strategy for the South Central Region, which is comprised of the the five-state region of Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas. Additionally, he coordinates social media for the office and chairs a Disaster Advisory Committee. As a former musician, Brian is fascinated by the intersection of music and health. Prior to joining the NNLM SCR, he also worked in instructional design and directed the Digital Storytelling Program at the Ohio State University. Brian Leaf received his BA from the University of Washington and MS from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.