Public Health Information on the Web
The field of public health encompasses a wide array of disciplines including health education, epidemiology and nursing. Digital literacy and the effective utilization of online information are among the core public health informatics competencies for the 21st century. This hands-on class will highlight web resources tailored to the public health workforce.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role of information in the public health environment
- Identify resources to support health education and promotional programs and activities
- Retrieve information in support of evidence-based public health
- Obtain data sets and statistics relevant to public health on a state, local and national level
- Identify resources available to stay informed of developments related to public health
Upon successful completion of this class, each participant will receive 4 hours of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be delivered through the mail at a later date.
Public Health on the Web Instructors
Middle Atlantic RegionKate Flewelling, email@example.com, 412-624-3336
Pacific Northwest RegionPatricia Devine, firstname.lastname@example.org, 1(206)543-8275, pat_devine
Pacific Southwest RegionKay Deeney, email@example.com, 1(310)825-5389, 1(310)206-0525
Patricia Devine, Community Health Outreach Coordinator, NN/LM Pacific Northwest Region