Classes Offered by the NN/LM National Offices
In addition to offering training via its Regional Medical Libraries, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) offers training through three national offices that cover topics from learning PubMed and DOCLINE to planning and evaluating health outreach projects. The three offices are:
The NN/LM Training Office (NTO) offers a variety of classes related to NLM Databases like PubMed.
The NN/LM Evaluation Office (NEO) offerings include a variety of classes on outreach project planning and evaluation.
The NN/LM DOCLINE Coordination Office (NDCO) offers a variety of classes on learning and using DOCLINE.
Classes offered by the NN/LM SE/A Staff
Our Regional Medical Library classes are available via webinar or through Moodle, our online course management system. Please visit our training schedule for upcoming webinars and online classes.
- ABCs of DNA: Unraveling the Mystery of Genetics Information
- Activate, Collaborate and Educate: Health Outreach and Programming in Your Community
- Beyond an Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library
- Canny Consumer: Resources for Consumer Health Decision-Making
- Chemicals, Drugs, and Genetics, Oh My!: Searching PubMed and Beyond
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Results Reporting, Unique Evidence, and the Role of Medical Librarians
- Combatting Information Fatigue: Health Information Resources for Veterans
- Cool Creative Communications: Dazzling Data Visualization
- From Snake Oil to Penicillin: Evaluating Consumer Health on the Internet
- Geeks Bearing Gifts: Unwrapping New Technology Trends
- Grants and Proposal Writing
- Health & Wellness @ the Library: the Essentials of Providing Consumer Health Services
- Health Issues in the Headlines: Learning to Read between the Lines
- Healthy Aging at Your Library: Connecting Older Adults to Health Information
- Health on the Range: Rural Health Issues and Information Resources
- Improving the Health, Safety, and Well-being of LGBT Populations: Building Collections and Connections for LGBT Health Information
- Keeping Up with PubMed
- Making PubMed Work for You
- MedlinePlus and More
- NLM’s Online Playground: K-12 Health and Science Resources from the NLM
- Nursing on the Net: Health Care Resources You Can Use
- Prescription for Success: Consumer Health on the Web
- Promoting Health Literacy through Easy-to-Read Materials
- PubMed and the Evidence Based Universe
- Super Searcher: Enhancing Your Online Search Super Powers
- Teaching with Technology: Tips, Techniques and Tools
- 10-Step Approach to Disaster Preparedness
- Will Duct Tape Cure My Warts? Examining Complementary and Alternative Medicine
If you have questions about our classes or wish to make a suggestion for a class topic, please contact 410-706-2855 or e-mail HSHSL-NLMsea@hshsl.umaryland.edu.