Members of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) provide health professionals and consumers with access to health information resources and services. Membership in the NN/LM is free of charge. We welcome libraries, health-related information centers, health departments, community based organizations, and others who provide access to health information for both health professionals and the general public.
Benefits of Network Membership
Network Members receive a variety of benefits and services, including:
- A certificate recognizing your institution as a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
- Eligibility to apply for project funding to support health information access and other projects.
- Training and educational opportunities for librarians, health professionals, and consumers.
- Obtain educational and printed materials of National Library of Medicine (NLM) resources and other publications.
- Opportunities to request an NLM Traveling Exhibition to visit your library or organization.
- Access to a lending library to support your professional development.
- Access to DOCLINE, the interlibrary loan system used by health sciences libraries (Full members only).
- Updates and news from SEA Currents, the Southeastern/Atlantic Regional (SE/A) Electronic Newsletter.
Responsibilities of Network Membership
Membership is free, but there are some requirements to participate. Each NN/LM member institution, regardless of category, must agree to make these basic contributions:
- Designate an individual as NN/LM liaison/local contact person. This person is responsible for keeping updated and informed on network-related information.
- Permit listing in the national registry of network members. National registry information is available through the NN/LM Members Directory.
- Provide basic information on collections and services to NLM. Information stored in the NN/LM Members Directory must be kept updated and accurate.
How to Apply for Network Membership
Any library, health-related information center, health department, or other organization who provides access to health information may join the Network. Organizations that are regularly staffed, have an internet connection, and serve health professionals or the public may be eligible.
- To apply, please submit a New Member Application.
- After submitting the form, you will be contacted by the NN/LM Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SE/A).
- Your information will be entered into the NN/LM Members Directory.
If you have any questions about applying for network membership, please contact the Southeastern/Atlantic Regional office at 410-706-2855.