SEAside Webinar: Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality: Uses and Applications – Friday, April 28, 2017 2 PM ET
Date/Time: Friday, April 28, 2017, 2:00 PM ET
Presenter: Jen Bishop, Online Services and Emerging Technology Supervisor for Carroll County Public Library; Liz Sundermann, Data, Communications, and Services Coordinator, Division of Library Development & Services, Maryland State Department of Education.
Contact: For additional information or questions, please contact Tony Nguyen.
Presentation Summary: Virtual, augmented, and mixed reality are hot technology topics, but how will these emerging technologies impact education, the medical profession, and industry? What platforms are currently available and how can librarians and educators implement them successfully? In this webinar, we will explore how libraries are sharing virtual, augmented, and mixed reality with their communities.
Presenter Bios: Liz Sundermann-Zinger is the Data Communications and Services Coordinator for the state library agency in Maryland. She has helped provide technology and computer science educational opportunities to youth and families across the state, including computer science concepts for preschoolers, Minecraft Edu programs and classes, Virtual Reality environment creation for teens, and is currently developing a statewide online makerspace for public libraries.
Jen Bishop is the Online Services and Emerging Technologies Supervisor for Carroll County Public Library, where she enjoys researching, piloting, and sharing new technologies with the community. She has helped launch new technology initiatives, including CCPL’s 3D printing service, Exploration Point! makerspace, and virtual reality.
Upon completion of the Beyond the SEA Webinar, each participant will receive 1.0 hour of continuing education credit awarded by the Medical Library Association. Certificates will be available electronically following completion of the online survey supplied at the end of the webinar.
Pre-Register: Pre-registration is strongly recommended, but not required. Visit our registration page to sign up!
To Join the Webinar:
- Topic: SEAside Webinar: Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality: Uses and Applications
- Host: Tony Nguyen
- Date: Friday, April 28, 2017
- Time: 2:00 pm, Eastern Daylight Time (New York, GMT-04:00)
- Session number: 622 891 774
- Session password: SEATech
To join the training session
- Go to https://nih.webex.com/nih/k2/j.php?MTID=t5a2e1aa5b007ff4ce6e3b0f656185fc5
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: SEATech
- Click “Join Now”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link
- Alternatively, please visit: https://nih.webex.com
- Enter the Session Number: 622 891 774
- Follow the instructions listed earlier to join the webinar
To join the session by phone only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the training session, or call the number below and enter the access code.
- Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada):1-877-668-4493
- Call-in toll number (US/Canada):1-650-479-3208
- Show toll-free dialing restrictions: https://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
- Access code: 622 891 774
To add this session to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
Technical Briefs – Important Information Prior to the Use of WebEx:
- Getting Started Guide for WebEx Participants
- WebEx System Requirements: https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-4748
- WebEx System Requirements Mobile Devices: https://help.webex.com/community/webex-mobile/activity