Beyond the SEA Webinar – Instructional Design: An Introduction for Librarians – August 17, 2016 – Recording Now AvailableThursday, July 21st, 2016
Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12 PM ET
Presenter: Karen Viars, MSIS, MSIT, Reference and Instruction Librarian, Georgia State University, Perimeter College
Contact: For additional information or questions regarding this webinar, please contact Terri Ottosen.
Summary: Many librarians find that teaching patrons, colleagues, and other stakeholders is a significant part of their work, regardless of their role in the library. If you’ve ever found yourself wondering where or how to begin, this session is a straightforward introduction to designing, developing, implementing and assessing instruction. We will cover what the discipline of instructional design is, some of the most popular models in the field, and suggestions for applying instructional design inside and outside your library.
Presenter Bio: After completing a Master’s degree at Georgia State University in Instructional Design and Technology, and starting a career in developing sales training for a Fortune 500 company, Karen Viars completed her library degree at the University of Tennessee. She is currently a Reference and Instruction Librarian at Georgia State University, Perimeter College, with research interests in assessment, information literacy and popular culture and media studies. You can follow her @karenviars on Twitter.
What do you need to join this conference?
- Pre-Registration is strongly recommended, but not required. Visit our registration page to sign up!
- You can join the webinar the day of if you forget to pre-register. You can simply connect to the webinar a few minutes before the start of the webinar with the information provided below.
- A computer (with Flash installed)
- A telephone
How do I connect?
- Go to this URL: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/beyondthesea/
- Enter as a Guest
- Sign in with your first and last name.
- Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone (this is the preferred way; however, if you have an extension or for some reason cannot let Adobe connect call you, instructions will be available when you sign in to Adobe Connect.)
Test your connection: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview.