Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12 PM ET
Presenter: Bohyun Kim, Associate Director for Library Applications and Knowledge Systems, Health Sciences and Human Services Library, University of Maryland.
Contact: For additional information or questions regarding this webinar, please contact Tony Nguyen.
Summary: This webinar will discuss some common planning steps for creating a makerspace at a health sciences library and cover some of the challenges one can expect during the planning and implementation process. The presenter will also share some lessons learned through her experience of planning, launching, and operating the Innovation Space at the University of Maryland, Baltimore, Health Sciences and Human Services Library since April 2015. At the end of the webinar, attendees will be able to identify some of the necessary components of successfully planning and implementing a makerspace for their library.
Presenter Bio: Bohyun Kim is the Associate Director for Library Applications and Knowledge Systems at University of Maryland, Baltimore, Health Sciences and Human Services Library. She is the author of two books, Understanding Gamification and Library Mobile Experience, both published by ALA TechSouce. She frequently writes and talks about technology at libraries. She can be found at @bohyunkim on Twitter.
What do you need to join this conference?
- Pre-Registration is strongly recommended, but not required. Visit our registration page to sign up!
- You can join the webinar the day of if you forget to pre-register. You can simply connect to the webinar a few minutes before the start of the webinar with the information provided below.
- A computer (with Flash installed)
- A telephone
How do I connect?
- Go to this URL: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/beyondthesea/
- Enter as a Guest
- Sign in with your first and last name.
- Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone (this is the preferred way; however, if you have an extension or for some reason cannot let Adobe connect call you, instructions will be available when you sign in to Adobe Connect.)
Test your connection: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview.