Reminder: Beyond the SEA Webinar – July 20, 2016 – The Reputation Economy: Managing Your Online Identity in the Age of GoogleTuesday, June 28th, 2016
Date: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 12 PM ET
Presenter: Kimberley R. Barker, MLIS, Librarian for Digital Life, Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, University of Virginia.
Contact: For additional information or questions regarding this webinar, please contact Tony Nguyen.
Summary: Reputation awareness is as old as civilization, and technology has made reputation maintenance an even more immediate and important issues for individuals and institutions alike. Would you know how to defend your reputation or that of your institution should it come under fire? Join Kimberley R. Barker for a closer look at life in the reputation economy, and learn about practical steps that you can take to safeguard your good name.
Presenter Bio: Kimberley R. Barker, MLIS, is the Librarian for Digital Life at the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, at the University of Virginia. Her professional interests include online reputation management, personal branding, digital privacy, and the use of emerging technologies in academic and clinical healthcare settings. Kimberley is chair of the NN/LM SE/A Technology PAC, and creator of the Coursera MOOC “Introduction to Personal Branding”. She is also a singer of traditional Irish songs, as well as a full-on geek who delights in anime, all things Tolkien, and Nerf gun battles with her seven-year-old. You can follow her on Twitter (@KR_Barker), or email her at Grumpy_Cat@virginia.edu.
What do you need to join this conference?
- Pre-Registration is strongly recommended, but not required. Visit our registration page to sign up!
- You can join the webinar the day of if you forget to pre-register. You can simply connect to the webinar a few minutes before the start of the webinar with the information provided below.
- A computer (with Flash installed)
- A telephone
How do I connect?
- Go to this URL: http://webmeeting.nih.gov/beyondthesea/
- Enter as a Guest
- Sign in with your first and last name.
- Follow the instructions in the meeting room to have Adobe Connect call your phone (this is the preferred way; however, if you have an extension or for some reason cannot let Adobe connect call you, instructions will be available when you sign in to Adobe Connect.)
Test your connection: https://webmeeting.nih.gov/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
Get a quick overview: http://www.adobe.com/go/connectpro_overview.