The Friends of the National Library of Medicine (http://fnlm.org/) seek nominations for this year’s Michael E. DeBakey Library Services Outreach Award.
- Nominees must be currently employed as a health sciences librarian and have worked in such a position for at least five years immediately preceding the award.
- The nomination may be made for contributions by the librarian as demonstrated by excellence and achievement in leadership, publications, teaching, research, special projects or any combination of these.
- Nominations must be in writing and contain at least the following elements:
- The official nomination form (http://www.fnlm.org/pdfs/2017DeBakeyAwardNominationInfoForm.pdf)
- A precise description of the nominee’s achievements, no more than 5 pages please
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Any additional information that would assist the jury in the evaluation of the nomination and selection of the recipient. Please include no more than ten extra pages.
- Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
- All nominations must be received by May 1, 2017 via mail, fax, or email (details below):
Friends of the National Library of Medicine
4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 500
Bethesda, MD 20814