Below is a list of National Health Observances for the month of April. By supporting National health Observances, you can:
- Educate the public about health risks
- Organize successful health promotion events and campaigns
- Get new ideas, information, and resources on health topics of interest.
Contact the sponsoring organization to request outreach materials and information.
- 1 – July 04 Fireworks Safety Month
- Cataract Awareness Month
- Men’s Health Month
- Myasthenia Gravis Awareness Month
- National Aphasia Awareness Month
- National Congenital Cytomegalovirus Awareness Month
- National Safety Month
- National Scleroderma Awareness Month
- 5 – 11 National Rip Current Awareness Week
- 5 National Cancer Survivors Day ®
- 13 – 19 Men’s Health Week
- 19 – 25 National Lightning Safety Awareness Week
Source: 2016 National Health Observances, National Health Information Center, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC.