We are pleased to announce the availability of NNLM SEA Award Applications.
Availability for these awards are available until allotted funds are awarded.
Exhibitor Award – Up to $2,000 per exhibit.
The Exhibit Award provides funding for exhibits at state and/or local meetings of health professionals, information professionals and health consumers. It provides an opportunity to promote NLM products, SEA programs or SEA member libraries to target populations. Funding covers registration and booth fees, travel and per diems, communication costs, and equipment rental if needed and associated costs for the exhibit. All exhibit awards must feature one or more NLM resources.
Potential areas for which you could consider exhibit include:
- State library association meeting
- State or regional public health association meeting
- State or local gay pride event
- Local health fair
- State or local health professional meeting
- Native American Pow-Wow
- Remote Area Medical (RAM) event
- Local health expo
The Exhibitor Award is designed to meet the following populations:
- Libraries (all types)
- Underserved, rural, minority, community health, or unaffiliated health professionals
- K-12 schools and associations including school health professionals, or science and health educators
- Community-based organizations
- Health sciences students
- Emergency responders
- Public Health workers
- Faith-based organizations
- Social workers
- Agencies serving underserved, minority and underrepresented communities including but not limited to
- LGBTQ Communities
- Soldiers, Veterans and Military Families
- Rural Populations
- Inner city populations
Professional Development Award – Up to $1,500
The Professional Development Award is to strengthen the professional knowledge and experience of individual network members to improve access to health information for healthcare providers and consumers and to build professional capacity in support of the goals of the NNLM.
Professional Development opportunities are encouraged that incorporate one or more of the following:
- Increase project evaluation skills
- Increase awareness of and skills for locating high quality biomedical and health information
- Increase the ability to expand health information literacy in health and science education
- Increase data management skills and awareness
- Improve the use of technology for health information access, especially to underserved and underrepresented populations
Potential uses for this award include but are not limited to:
Attend a meeting, conference, or class that increases professional knowledge in the areas of emergency preparedness, public health information sources, information technology, resource sharing, e-science, data management, health information outreach, health information literacy, or evaluation and assessment.
All proposed exhibits and professional development activities must be completed by April 30, 2017 and all funds awarded must be spent.
NNLM SEA Award Descriptions and online applications are available at: https://nnlm.gov/sea/funding. Please read the description/requirements of the award and the evaluation criteria as there are many new changes.