Offered by the National Library of Medicine Training Center (NTC)
Would you like to gain new skills, brush up on existing PubMed skills and collaborate with colleagues to help create effective training strategies? The NTC, along with the Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, GA, is offering PubMed® for Trainers (PMT). PMT is held in 4 sessions; 3 online and 1 in person session (attendance in all is expected). The last of the four sessions will be in-person at the Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, GA. Upon completion, the class is eligible for 15 hours of MLA CE credit.
The class runs from October 31 – November 14, 2013.
This hands-on course consists of 9 presentations created by the National Library of Medicine, live demonstrations, hands-on exercises, group work and discussions, and networking opportunities over the course of four sessions. You can expect an additional 2-3 hours of independent homework.
By the end of the course, you should:
- Have a functional knowledge of the MEDLINEdatabase
- Understand behind the scenes details of how PubMed translates your search
- Know how to use Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Customize your search results and save search strategies using My NCBI
- Increase you knowledge of how to more effectively search for drugs, diseases, and patient centered research.
The dates and times for the four class sessions are:
- Thursday, October 31, 2013 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Monday, November 4, 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, November 7, 10-12 ET (online via Adobe Connect)
- Thursday, November 14, 9-4:30 ET (in-person in Savannah)
For more information and to register, visit http://nnlm.gov/ntcc/classes/class_details.html?class_id=359