- Building an Emergency Plan (link is external) Getty Publication, now out of print but pdf available for downloading. For cultural collections, but focus on the "exercising" section and ideas you can use for training, drills and testing your plans.
- Improving Disaster Management: The Role of IT in Mitigation, Preparedness, Response, and Recovery (link is external) - Information technology (IT) has the potential to play a critical role in managing natural and human made disasters. Damage to communications infrastructure, along with other communications problems exacerbated the difficulties in carrying out response and recovery efforts following Hurricane Katrina. To assist government planning in this area, the Congress, in the E-government Act of 2002, directed the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to request the NRC to conduct a study on the application of IT to disaster management. This report characterizes disaster management providing a framework for considering the range and nature of information and communication needs; presents a vision of the potential for IT to improve disaster management; provides an analysis of structural, organizational, and other non-technical barriers to the acquisition, adoption, and effective use of IT in disaster; and offers an outline of a research program aimed at strengthening IT-enabled capabilities for disaster management.
- Research Priorities in Emergency Preparedness and Response for Public Health Systems: A Letter Report (link is external) - Conclusions and recommendations from the IOM Committee on Research Priorities in Emergency Preparedness and Response for Public Health Systems.
- Preparation for Emergencies in the Offices of Pediatricians and Pediatric Care Providers (link is external) - Committee on Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Research Priorities in Emergency Preparedness and Response for Public Health Systems: A Letter Report (link is external) Conclusions and recommendations for the IOM Committee on Research Priorities in Emergency Preparedness and Response for Public Health Systems
Animal Health Resources
If you have any resources that you think should be added to this page, please let us know (link sends e-mail)(link sends e-mail)