It is an on-going process of building partnerships so that others will act for and with you, turning passive support into educated action for the library program. It begins with a vision and a plan for the library program that is then matched to the agenda and priorities of stakeholders.
- American Association of School Librarians (Advocacy Committee)
Tools and Downloadable Resources
- Advocacy Toolkit - maintained by SLA (Special Libraries Association)
- Libraries Transform - maintained by ALA (American Libraries Association)
- Marketing the Academic Library - maintained by the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Why You Should Support Your Local Library Infographic - posted on EdTech, 19 Feb 2014
- How Libraries Stack Up: 2010 - OCLC has created a colorful, graphic report of information that may help libraries as they develop budget reports and discuss the value of public libraries in their communities (State Library of Iowa)
- Advocacy - Maintained by the Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Advocacy - Maintained by the Public Library Association (PLA)
- I Love Libraries - Supporting one of our nation's most important resources - An initiative of the American Library Association (ALA)
- Library Advocacy Resources- Libraries will find documents and videos which have been collected to help aid in advocacy efforts - Maintained by SELCO: Southeastern Libraries Cooperating
Planning and Evaluation
Information can be found at the SEA Planning and Evaluation Methods/Grant and Proposal Writing page.