Minutes - August 30, 2018
Meeting Minutes: NNLM SEA Data Management Program Advisory Committee
August 30, 2018
1:00pm--WebEx Conference Room
Meeting Facilitation: Aimee Gogan, Data & Evaluation Coordinator, NNLM SEA and Tony Nguyen, Executive Director, NNLM SEA
PAC Member Attendees: JP Courneya, University of Maryland, Baltimore; Emma Cryer Heet, Duke University; Kathy Davies, Augusta University; Barrie Hayes, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill; Candace Norton, NIH
PAC members not in attendance: Suzanne Duncan, Sentara Norfolk General Hospital; Michele Tennant, University of Florida
- Introductions: Introduced new PAC member, Candace Norton.
- Discussed Technology Awards
- Carver Parks & Recreation Center, Johnson City, TN
- Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Discussed upcoming new NNLM SEA RDM Award
- Review of educational programming
- NNLM Journal Club: Clinical Research Data Management, 10/25
- Clinical Information, Librarians and the NLM: From Health Data Standards to Better Health. Every Thursday Sept 6-Oct 4, 12-12:40pm.
- RDM Webinar Series (Next up: Planning, Developing, and Evaluating R Curriculum at the NIH Library, 10/12, with Candace Norton and Doug Joubert)
Action: Would like speakers for RDM Webinar Speakers – Suggestions appreciated from PAC
- Biomedical and Health Research Data Management Training for Librarians
- Application deadline 9/20
Action: We are looking for one new PAC members. Suggestions appreciated.
Actions – Aimee will send a poll to determine member availability and schedule the next meeting sometime in January. Ask PAC members to keep SEA informed of Data needs or activities to share within the region.