Virginia State Page
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Brickell Medical Sciences Library
740 W Olney Road, PO Box 1980
Norfolk , VA 23501-1980
University of Virginia Health System
Claude Moore Health Sciences Library
PO Box 800722, 1350 Jefferson Park Avenue
Charlottesville , VA 22908-0722
Virginia Commonwealth University
Tompkins McCaw Library, Resource Delivery
509 N 12th Street Box 980582
Richmond , VA 23298-0582
Virginia is located on the east coast of the United States, with its state capitol located in Richmond. Virginia has 135 counties and 40 independent cities. Among the 50 states, Virginia ranks 35th in size, covering 39,594 square miles. According to the 2000 Census, Virginia had a population of 7,078,515 million people, ranking 12th most populous among the 50 states and District of Columbia. By 2025, it is projected to be the 12th most populous with 8.5 million people.
In 2000, 73 percent of the population lived in urban areas, with over half the population residing in the state's three major metropolitan areas: Northern Virginia, Richmond-Petersburg metropolitan area, and Hampton Roads.
Library Associations/ Consortia/ Local Groups
- Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association - An organization of health sciences librarians and other information professionals serving the District of Columbia, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, and West Virginia.
- Virginia Library Association - The state chapter of the American Library Association for library staff and trustees, library school students, libraries, and friends of libraries representing the full spectrum of librarianship in Virginia .
- Directory of Virginia State Agency Libraries and Resource Centers
- The Library of Virginia - The Library of Virginia serves the library and archival needs of the government and citizens of Virginia .
- Virginia Public Library Directory
- The Virtual Library of Virginia - A consortium of academic libraries in Virginia , including the 39 state-assisted colleges and universities, 30 private colleges and universities, and the Library of Virginia. This site also provides links to all Virginia college and university libraries, including those not participating in VIVA.
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.