Tennessee State Page
East Tennessee State University
James H Quillen College of Medicine Medical Library
Johnson City, TN 37614-0693
Meharry Medical College
1005 D B Todd Blvd
Nashville, TN 37208-3599
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Health Sciences Library
877 Madison Avenue
Memphis, TN 38163-
Eskind Biomedical Library
2209 Garland Avenue
Nashville, TN 37232-8340
Tennessee is located in the eastern United States, with its state capital located in Nashville. Tennessee has 95 counties with its largest city, Memphis, located in the southwest corner of the state. Among the 50 states, Tennessee ranks 36th in size, covering 42,146 square miles. According to the 2010 Census, Tennessee ranks 17th in population with 6,346,105 residents.
Library Associations/ Consortia/ Local Groups
- Southern Chapter - Medical Library Association - A professional organization made up of health science librarians from the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Tennessee Health Science Library Association (THeSLA) - Provides education and communication among those responsible for health science libraries in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Library Association - The state chapter of the American Library Association whose purpose is to promote the establishment, maintenance, and support of adequate library services for all people of the state; to cooperate with public and private agencies with related interests; and to support and further professional interests of the membership of the Association.
- Tri Cities Health Science Library Consortium
- Tennessee Public Library Directory - This searchable directory includes entries of over 300 public libraries in Tennessee, serving 95 counties.
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.
University of Tennessee School of Information Studies
451 Communications Building
1345 Circle Park Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341