SEA Region Disaster Information Resources
National Library of Medicine Resources
Disaster Information Management Research Center (DIMRC)
This site, maintained by the National Library of Medicine, provides in-depth coverage of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery. It contains information and links to resources about many types of disasters, such as floods and hurricanes, including health issues, preparedness and response, and cleanup and recovery, as well as foreign language resources. Check out the disaster-specific pages on:
- Hurricanes: Health Information Guide
- Hurricanes: Health Information Guide - Embed Content
- Floods: Health Information Guide
- Floods: Health Information Guide - Embed Content
- Coping with Disasters, Violence, and Traumatic Events: Health Information Guide
- Disaster Literature Search: Resources on Power Outages
- Disaster Literature Search: Resources on Power Outages (includes Spanish translations)
To get the latest updates and breaking information, subscribe to their listserv.
DISASTR-OUTREACH-LIB- Archived mailings from the NLM Disaster Information Management Research Center mailing list with disaster resources related to the hurricane season or other updates sent out periodically
Find multilingual, multicultural health information and patient education materials about health conditions and wellness topics. Learn about diseases, causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention. Materials may be available as printable documents, audio, and video.
MedlinePlus is the National Institutes of Health's Web site for patients and their families and friends. Produced by the National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library, it brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand. MedlinePlus offers reliable, up-to-date health information, anytime, anywhere, for free.