Florida State Page
Florida International University
Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine Medical Library
11200 SW 8th Street, GL 380
Miami, FL 33199
Florida State University
Charlotte Edwards Maguire Medical Library
FSU College of Medicine
1115 W. Call Street
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4300
Nova Southeastern University
Health Professions Division Library
3200 South University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
University of Central Florida
Harriet F. Ginsburg Health Sciences Library
UCF College of Medicine
6850 Lake Nona Blvd., Suite 210
Orlando, FL 32827-7408
University of Florida
Health Science Center Libraries
1600 SW Archer Road
Gainesville, FL 32610-0206
University of Miami
Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
Louis Calder Memorial Library
1601 NW 10th Ave.
Miami, FL 33136-1014
University of South Florida
The Shimberg Health Sciences Library
12901 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612-4799
Florida is located in the southern United States, with its state capital located in Tallahassee. Florida has 67 counties, and its largest city, Jacksonville, is located in Duval County in the northeast corner of Florida, on the banks of the St. Johns River and adjacent to the Atlantic Ocean. It is the largest metropolitan area in northeast Florida and southeast Georgia. Among the 50 states, Florida ranks 23rd in size, covering 59,988 square miles. According to the 2010 Census, Florida ranks 4th in population with 18,801,310 residents. (Census)
Library Associations/ Consortia/ Local Groups
- Florida Health Science Library Association (FHSLA) - The purpose of this organization are to foster the development of medical libraries in Florida in accordance with professional standards, to inspire and educate medical library personnel, and to implement the exchange of library materials and services.
- Florida Library Association - The state chapter of the American Library Association whose purpose is to promote the establishment, maintenance, and support of adequate library services for all people of the state; to cooperate with public and private agencies with related interests; and to support and further professional interests of the membership of the Association.
- Florida and Caribbean Chapter - Special Libraries Association
- South Florida Health Sciences Library Consortium (SFHSLC) - The mission of the South Florida Health Sciences Library Consortium is to provide, share or exchange timely, high quality information, resources or continuing education, individualized to meet the specific needs of its members.
- Southern Chapter - Medical Library Association - A professional organization made up of health science librarians from the states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Tampa Bay Medical Library Network (TABAMLN) - A Tampa Bay area medical library consortia whose scope encompasses not only interlibrary loans but also continuing education and all pertinent issues related to the field of health science librarianship. It includes over 30 Medical and Health Sciences Libraries from Naples north to Tampa and east along the I4 corridor to Daytona.
- Florida Electronic Library - The Florida Electronic Library is a gateway to select Internet resources that offers access to comprehensive, accurate, and reliable information. Available resources include electronic magazines, newspapers, almanacs, encyclopedias, and books, providing information on topics such as current events, education, business, technology, and health issues.
To locate libraries in the NN/LM Network, please use the NN/LM Members Directory.