Environmental Health and Chemistry Resources
These selected free resources are good starting points for information on environmental and chemistry topics for K-12 students. Some resources are available in both English and Spanish and may include lesson plans, instructional templates, and resource lists.
- Environmental Health Student Portal
- Suitable for Grades 6-8
- Provides a safe, useful resource to learn how the environment can impact our health
- Explores topics such as water pollution, climate change, air pollution, and chemical
- Household Products Database
- Suitable for Grades 6-12
- Includes 11,000+ consumer brands to health effects
- Some Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) provided by manufacturers
- Allows scientists and consumers to research products based on chemical ingredients
- Suitable for Grades 7-12
- Allows users to search compound identifiers, such as chemical name or CAS Registry Number, of 370,000+ chemicals
- Simply type in the name of a substance of interest to you
- Users can draw their own structures and perform similarity and substructure searches.
- Additional Environmental Health and Chemistry resources for K-12: NLM Special Information Services K-12 Science and Health Education