Emergency Preparedness & Disaster Recovery Resources
- My Family Disaster Plan. Be Prepared: How to Help you Family in Any Disaster - This tri-fold, color brochure was produced by the Children's Health Fund and Mailman School of Public Health at Columbia University
- Transcript and slide presentation from May 12, 2009 webcast, Planning & Preparedness for Children's Needs in Public Health Emergencies
- A Simplified Approach to Service Continuity Planning
A PowerPoint presentation (designed to be a simple, relatively quick approach to developing a service continuity plan.
- Emergency Preparedness Videos in ASL, Documents in Braille and Large Print
- American Red Cross "Safe and Well" Tool - The American Red Cross has unveiled new and updated technology to help families stay safe and reconnect during a disaster. Their secure and easy-to-use online tool allows people inside a disaster-affected area to list themselves as "safe and well" and for loved ones to search for these messages.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) – Homepage of the NOAA Central Library, which is managed by the agency’s Oceanographic Data Center.
- Ready.gov – Sponsored by FEMA is a disaster planning and preparedness resource for citizens in their homes, at school and places of business.
- Disaster Information Management Research Center– A composite of federal agencies that have come together, in one location, to provide the public with information in obtaining federal help and resources in a disaster. Also in Spanish.