The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SE/A) is to advance the progress of medicine and improve the public health by:
- Providing all U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information.
- Improving the public's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health. The Program is coordinated by the National Library of Medicine and carried out through a nationwide network of health science libraries and information centers.
The NN/LM goals for the Network focus on improving the public's access to health information and developing national programs and collaborations to achieve these goals. The goals are:
- To develop collaborations among network members and other organizations to improve access to and sharing of biomedical information resources throughout the nation;
- To promote awareness of, access to, and use of biomedical information resources for health professionals and the public, with a particular emphasis on contributing to the Healthy People 2020 goal of eliminating health disparities;
- To develop, promote, and improve electronic access to health information by network members, health professionals, and organizations providing health information to the public.
Regional Medical Library
The University of Maryland, Baltimore Health Sciences and Human Services library is the Regional Medical Library for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic Region. The Southeastern/Atlantic Region includes the states of Alabama, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, U.S. Virgin Islands, Virginia and West Virginia. To carry out the NN/LM mission and goals, the RML has developed specific regional objectives for the 2011-2016 contract. Quarterly and annual reports are published on the web to provide information on our progress.
For more information on our programs and services, see About SE/A.
If you have general questions regarding NN/LM SE/A programs or services, please email our offices at HSHSL-NNLMsea@hshsl.umaryland.edu or call our offices at 800-338-7657, choice #1 on menu.