The Pieces of Systematic Review with Margaret Foster Webinar Series
Guest Speaker: Margaret J. Foster, MLIS, MPH
Date: 1st Thursday of every month from February - July 2017
Time: 10:00am - 11:00am CT / 9:00am - 10:00am MT
Social Media Hashtag: #piecesQA
Description: Systematic reviews are well-documented as contributing to evidence-based healthcare by, in part, revealing gaps in the literature or illustrating the effectiveness of health interventions. They are common practice, but they can often be fraught with issues in how they’re conducted. There is a constant need for education and discussion. Pieces is a monthly web conference presented by the National Network of Libraries of Medicine South Central Region on topics related to systematic reviews on the first Thursday of every month from 10am-11am CT. The webinar will highlight the following topics:
- Determining the feasibility of a research question for systematic reviews
- Developing searches beyond standard databases
- Describing the process of what happens after the search
- Identifying tools for conducting systematic reviews
- Describing ways of supporting other types of reviews
- Identifying new trends and developments in systematic review methods
Speaker Bio: Margaret Foster is an Associate Professor at Texas A&M University and serves as the Systematic Reviews Coordinator at the Medical Sciences Library with a joint position at the School of Public Health and the College of Medicine of the Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center. Her work with systematic reviews began more than a decade ago while completing her Masters of Public Health. In her current position, she provides consultations for researchers in medicine, public health, veterinary medicine, education, and other disciplines and has published 25 articles applying or describing systematic review methods and evidence based practices since 2009. In addition, she is the founder and convener of the Medical Library Association Systematic Review Special Interest Group and developed a popular continuing education course about systematic reviews which has trained over 550 librarians.
Login information for the first session to be held Thursday, February 2nd, can be found below!
To Join the Meeting
- Go to WebEx.
- Enter the session number: 628 337 701 and password: pieces
- Please provide your name and email address.
- You may have to download and install a web add-on or run a temporary application depending on the browser you use.
- Select your audio connection preference:
*Call in - Call: 1-877-668-4493 (US/Canada Toll-free)
Enter access code: 628 337 701 #
Enter the participant code given to you in the application and press #
*Call using computer - Adjust settings and test the connection
- If you are using a mobile device, your access code is: pieces
View live captioning (link will open in a new browser window)
For any technical issues, please call: 817-735-2223.