Become a Network Member
Members of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) provide health professionals and the general public with health information resources and services.
If you are providing health information through a library, information center or other organization, please consider joining the NN/LM network.
Why Should I Join?
Network Members receive a variety of benefits and services, including:
- Eligibility for award funding for health information access and other projects
- Training and educational opportunities for librarians, health professionals, and consumers
- Opportunities to partner with other health sciences libraries or health-related information centers
- Obtain educational and printed materials for NLM posters, brochures, bookmarks, and other publications
- Opportunities to request an NLM Traveling Exhibition to visit your library or organization
- A digital certificate recognizing your institution, library or organization as an NN/LM member
- Enrollment on the NN/LM SCR announcement listserv
Who Can Join?
Membership is free but there are some requirements to participate. Each NN/LM member institution, regardless of category, must agree to make these basic contributions:
- To designate an individual as the local contact person (the "NN/LM Liaison") for network information/communications.
- Be listed in the national registry of network members. The regional membership directory for the South Central Region can be viewed via the NN/LM Members Directory. Once the membership application has been processed, new organizations will be added to the directory by the SCR office.
- To provide basic information to NLM by keeping their institution records up-to-date through the SCR website.
Please contact SCR at email@example.com or call 817-735-2223.