Become a Network Member
Members of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) provide health professionals and the general public with health information resources and services.
If you are providing health information through a library, information center or other organization, please consider joining the NNLM network.
Why Should I Join?
Network Members receive a variety of benefits and services, including:
- Eligibility for award funding for health information access and other projects
- Training and educational opportunities for librarians, health professionals, and consumers
- Opportunities to partner with other health sciences libraries or health-related information centers
- Obtain educational and printed materials for NLM posters, brochures, bookmarks, and other publications
- Opportunities to request an NLM Traveling Exhibition to visit your library or organization
- A digital certificate recognizing your institution, library or organization as an NNLM member
- Enrollment on the NNLM SCR announcement email list
Who Can Join?
Membership is free but there are some requirements to participate. Each NNLM member institution, regardless of category, must agree to make these basic contributions:
- To designate an individual as the local contact person (the "NNLM Liaison") for network information/communications.
- Be listed in the national registry of network members. The regional membership directory for the South Central Region can be viewed via the NNLM Members Directory. Once the membership application has been processed, new organizations will be added to the directory by the SCR office.
- To provide basic information to NLM by keeping their institution records up-to-date through the SCR website.
Please contact SCR at email@example.com or call 817-735-2223.