New Look for PubMed Central
PubMed Central (PMC) is the latest database from the National Library of Medicine (NLM) to receive a facelift. The PMC interface update is similar to recent updates done to PubMed and Bookshelf and provides for a more consistent design of the resource and navigation features.
Specific improvements include:
- A revamped homepage, which offers better navigation through the site as well as direct access to resources such as the Users’ Guide and NIH Public Access information
- Redesigned Advanced Search and Limits pages
- An updated search results format
- Direct access to images in PMC articles
- A new organization and updated appearance for PMC’s informational pages, including drop-down menus for navigation links
For more information about the redesign, including screenshots of the various improvements please refer to the NLM Technical Bulletin article.