Request for Proposals for State Action concerning Healthy People 2020
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, in collaboration with the Regional Health Administrators, is pleased to announce a request for proposals for the State Action: Evaluating the Healthy People 2020 Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Agenda project. Funded by the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, this project is being administered by John Snow, Incorporated (JSI).
This evaluation project will fund state, territorial, and tribal governments to conduct innovative and participatory strategic planning activities, with an emphasis on multi-sector collaboration, using the Healthy People 2020 framework and population health improvement concepts (i.e., Healthy People 2020 mission and overarching goals; social, physical, and environmental determinants of health; and health equity). Up to 12 projects, taking place between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010, will be funded at a maximum award of $37,000 each.
Eligible applicants that can apply for this funding opportunity are listed below:
- State and territorial health departments (this includes the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianna Islands, American Samoa, Guam, the National Government of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of Palau).
- Federally recognized Indian tribes, tribal organizations, tribal epidemiology centers, and urban Indian organizations.
This evaluation program is intended to enhance existing or planned state, territorial, and tribal activities to develop a Healthy People plan based on the national Healthy People 2020 framework and objectives. The project will evaluate ways these eligible entities apply the Healthy People 2020 framework to their planning activities. Examples of possible activities include:
- Facilitated meetings for multi-sectoral decision makers to engender buy-in and support
- Technical assistance in identifying measures around social determinants of health
- Development of products and information media regarding Healthy People 2020 activities
- Web-based applications to support Healthy People 2020 plans
The application deadline is Monday, April 27, 2009.
For more details and to download the request for proposal forms please visit www.healthypeople.gov/stateaction. For questions, please contact Ann Loeffler at JSI at 1.800.839.0934 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.