WISER 3.0 Now Available
WISER 3.0 is now available for download to a Pocket PC or via the web interface. Highlights of this release include the following capabilities:
- Data for 20 isotope substances and a general “ionizing radiation” substance
- Tools / reference materials for radiological incidents
- The complete ERG 2004, including powerful search capabilities
- Substance List enhancements including improved, more powerful search capability such as wildcarding and substance categories support: view all substances, just chemicals, just radioisotopes, or filter by substance categories such as the classes/divisions of the Hazard Classification System
- Help Identify now supports searching for unknowns by substance category, in addition to properties/symptoms. E.g., indicate the unknown is in a meth lab, or is a flammable liquid, etc.
General data enhancements
- 9 new user-requested chemical substances
- WISER’s Protective Distance data menu option now includes the “Initial Isolation and Protective Action Distances” data from the ERG 2004
- Incorporation of the latest NLM Hazardous Substance Data Bank updates
Note: WISER 3.0 is not available for Palm OS downloads at this time. Development is in progress on a Palm release that includes 3.0 functionality.