Disaster Preparedness & Response Advisory Committee
The Disaster Preparedness and Response Advisory Committee is comprised of representatives from the NNLM SCR and meets once a quarter. Three of these meetings are virtual, while the fourth takes place in-person at the SCC/MLA Annual Meetings.
The committee will assist the NNLM SCR in providing feedback around education and policies related to emergency planning as well as developing a regional response plan to disruptions in service due to emergencies. This committee will also provide guidance on potential programs developed for the South Central Region.
- Advise the NNLM SCR on ways to develop and implement disaster programs
- Advise the NNLM SCR in establishing regional priorities, plans, and policies
- Share best practices in preparedness, response, and continuity planning
- Solicit feedback on specific regional needs regarding emergency preparedness and response, including continuity of service issues
Periodically, the committee will also be sent disaster information news.
Hospital Library Advisory Committee
The Hospital Library Advisory Committee is comprised of hospital librarians in the NNLM SCR and meets 3 times a year. The committee will meet once in-person at the SCC/MLA Annual Meeting. The other 2 meetings will be held via web conference.
The committee will assist the NNLM SCR in improving services to hospital librarians in the Region. It is a formal venue for networking and providing feedback on how to increase visibility of hospital libraries in the SCR. This committee will also provide guidance on potential pilot programs for the Region’s hospital libraries.
- Advise the NNLM SCR on ways to develop and implement outreach programs to hospital libraries;
- Advise the NNLM SCR in establishing regional priorities, policies and procedures, including the development and implementation of a regional emergency preparedness plan, and reviewing regional programs as they pertain to hospital libraries; and
- Develop plans to encourage hospital librarians to participate actively in regional and national programs affecting the delivery of health information.
Outreach Advisory Committee
The Outreach Advisory Committee is comprised of Resource Library Outreach librarians in the NNLM SCR and meets 3 times a year. The committee will meet in-person at the SCC/MLA Annual Meeting and at the RML regional office in February. Additional meetings will be held via web conference.
The committee will assist the NNLM SCR in developing outreach programming to serve the South Central region. Members will inform the NNLM SCR on the needs of the communities and populations in their region. Additionally, committee members will promote the services and programs of the NNLM and the National Library of Medicine.
- Advise the NNLM SCR in methods for reaching communities within the South Central Region.
- Inform the NNLM SCR of the target audiences represented in each region of the network.
- Share best practices on developing effective outreach programming.
- Promote the services and programs of the National Library of Medicine.
- Participate in educational programs to increase capacity to reach the communities we serve.