Hospital Library Advisory Committee
The Hospital Library Advisory Committee is comprised of hospital librarians in the NN/LM SCR and meets 3 times a year. The committee will meet once in-person at the SCC/MLA Annual Meeting. The other 2 meetings will be held via web conference.
The committee will assist the NN/LM SCR in improving services to hospital librarians in the Region. It is a formal venue for networking and providing feedback on how to increase visibility of hospital libraries in the SCR. This committee will also provide guidance on potential pilot programs for the Region’s hospital libraries.
- Advise the NN/LM SCR on ways to develop and implement outreach programs to hospital libraries;
- Advise the NN/LM SCR in establishing regional priorities, policies and procedures, including the development and implementation of a regional emergency preparedness plan, and reviewing regional programs as they pertain to hospital libraries; and
- Develop plans to encourage hospital librarians to participate actively in regional and national programs affecting the delivery of health information.
Outreach Advisory Committee
The Outreach Advisory Committee is comprised of Resource Library Outreach librarians in the NN/LM SCR and meets 3 times a year. The committee will meet in-person at the SCC/MLA Annual Meeting and at the RML regional office in February. Additional meetings will be held via web conference.
The committee will assist the NN/LM SCR in developing outreach programming to serve the South Central region. Members will inform the NN/LM SCR on the needs of the communities and populations in their region. Additionally, committee members will promote the services and programs of the NN/LM and the National Library of Medicine.
- Advise the NN/LM SCR in methods for reaching communities within the South Central Region.
- Inform the NN/LM SCR of the target audiences represented in each region of the network.
- Share best practices on developing effective outreach programming.
- Promote the services and programs of the National Library of Medicine.
- Participate in educational programs to increase capacity to reach the communities we serve.