In the 2014 Learning Needs Assessment, we learned that there is strong interest in distance learning opportunities, with over 84% of respondents saying that they are definitely or possibly interested in this mode of training. The following section points to various distance learning opportunities, both past and present.
PSR Training Opportunities
PSR regularly offers online classes using Moodle and Adobe Connect. Recent courses include the NLM Resources Update and the Finding Health and Wellness at the Library class about consumer health services. Watch for announcements on our Facebook page, Twitter, our Latitudes & NewsBits blogs and the PSR-News list for dates and times for the sessions.
Midday at the Oasis
PSR hosts this monthly webinar highlighting various topics of interest to health sciences librarians and others. Midday at the Oasis is held the third Wednesday of every month from 1-2PM (Pacific Time). For additional information, go to http://nnlm.gov/psr/services/webmeeting/index.html.
This webinar series will provide a fast-track look at new and updated resources from NLM, including activities and scenario-based exercises for participants. Sessions will be conducted on a semi-regular basis, between 4-6 times per year. For the NLM Express schedule, go to the registration page.
- Saving Time with PubMed Subject-Specific Queries! with Kate Flewelling (July 7, 2016) | YouTube
(Note: Due to technical difficulties, the captioning is not available in the original recording. For captioned recording, please view the YouTube video of this session.)
- Effective Use of PubMed with Terry Ann Jankowski (April 14, 2016) | YouTube
- I Have an App for That - Mobile Apps from NLM! with Kay Deeney & John Bramble (August 6, 2015) | YouTube
- PubMed and CHSI Update - What's New in 2015! with Kate Majewski & Kelli Ham (April 14, 2015) | YouTube
- MedlinePlus Power Searching for Hidden Treasures with Kelli Ham (September 9, 2014) | YouTube
- PubMed Health with Hilda Basian (April 14, 2014) | YouTube
- PubMed Update with National Library of Medicine Training Center (December 12, 2013) | YouTube
- Drug Information Resources at the National Library of Medicine with James Knoben (July 9, 2013)
- Environmental Health Resources for K-12 with Kelli Ham (April 25, 2013)