DOCLINE® is the National Library of Medicine's automated interlibrary loan request routing and referral system. The purpose of the system is to provide efficient document delivery service among libraries in the National Network of Libraries of Medicine. Please feel free to contact NN/LM DOCLINE Coordination Office at (410) 706-4173 or via e-mail at DOCLINE@hshsl.umaryland.edu.
Getting Started With DOCLINE
- Is your library eligible for DOCLINE? See the DOCLINE Eligibility Guidelines.
Note: Commercial document delivery vendors are not eligible for participation in DOCLINE.
- DOCLINE participants must have a minimum of 25 current biomedical journals that can be loaned to other Network Members.
- If your library is not a member of the NN/LM, submit a New Member Application and indicate your interest in DOCLINE.
- Read the DOCLINE Fact Sheet.
- Read the NN/LM Resource Sharing Plan.
- Contact NN/LM DOCLINE Coordination Office to arrange for training: call (410) 706-4173 or e-mail DOCLINE@hshsl.umaryland.edu.
- Sign up for EFTS, DOCLINE's electronic billing system.
- Sign up for DOCLINE-L, the email discussion list for all DOCLINE libraries.
- Enter your serial holdings in DOCLINE.
- Keep your DOCLINE institutional record up-to-date
- Keep your serials holdings in DOCLINE up-to-date
- Going on vacation? Set your library "Out of Office" when there is no staff available to fill lend requests.
- Manage your copyright responsibilities
- Refer to the DOCLINE Manual (Online Help)
- DOCLINE System Page
- DOCLINE Login Page
- DOCLINE Frequently Asked Questions
- DOCLINE Release Notes - provides a brief summary of features introduced with each version
- Electronic Document Delivery
- DOCLINE presentations at MLA
- DOCLINE Wallpaper - download DOCLINE wallpaper for your desktop
- Instructions for Completing or Revising your DOCLINE Routing Table in the Pacific Southwest Region
- DOCLINE Library Groups in the Pacific Southwest Region
- SERHOLD® Fact Sheet
- FAQ on Serials Holdings
- Batch Update FAQ
- Policy Statement on the Addition of Non-NLM Titles to the NLM LocatorPlus™ Database for DOCLINE Reporting
- DOCLINE System Requirements - minimum system requirements, browser settings, cookies and Macintosh
- DOCLINE FAQ: Technical Questions - technical-related questions from the DOCLINE Frequently Asked Questions web page
- Barcodes on DOCLINE Requests - how to download and install the 3 of 9 Barcode font to display and print barcode numbers for DOCLINE requests
- Clearing the Cache on Your Web Browser - how to clear the cache on your web browser
- Connecting to DOCLINE from behind a Firewall or Proxy Server - how to stay connected to DOCLINE if your institution uses a firewall or a proxy server
- Displaying Diacritics Correctly - how to display diacritics correctly in DOCLINE
- Seeing NLM Banner in DOCLINE - how to fix the NLM Banner Display problem in DOCLINE