Save the Dates: 2015 “A Librarian’s Guide to NCBI” Course
Attention health science librarians in the United States who wish to initiate and/or extend bioinformatics services at your institution! The National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) and the NLM Training Center (NTC) will be offering “A Librarian’s Guide to NCBI” course in 2015. Participants who complete the class will be eligible for Medical Library Association (MLA) Continuing Education credits. The course is free, but travel costs are at the expense of the participant.
There are two parts to the course, and applicants must take both parts:
- Part 1: “Fundamentals in Bioinformatics and Searching” is a six-week, online (asynchronous) pre-course.
- Part 2: A five-day in-person course offered on-site at the National Library of Medicine in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Monday, September 29, 2014 – Watch for a detailed announcement about the course and application process in the NLM Technical Bulletin.
- Monday, November 17, 2014 – Application deadline.
- Monday, December 15, 2014 – Acceptance notifications e-mailed.
- Monday, January 12, 2015 – “Fundamentals in Bioinformatics and Searching” pre-course begins.
- Monday, March 9, 2015 – “A Librarian’s Guide to NCBI” five-day in-person class begins at NLM.
Mark your calendars for this training opportunity!