WISER for Android 3.1 is Now Available!
NLM has just released the latest version of WISER for the Android (version 3.1) to the Google Play store. This release brings the Help Identify and Protective Distance Mapping functions to Android devices (it is already on the Windows, iOS, BlackBerry and WebWISER versions). WISER is now functionally equivalent across all platforms, so there’s greater uniformity and less of a learning curve for people using different devices.
Here’s a look at what’s new in this release:
- WISER’s Help Identify Chemical capability is now available on the Android platform. Identify and validate an unknown chemical based on the following criteria:
- physical properties of the substance gathered by observation or sensors
- signs and symptoms of victims of exposure
- the ability to categorize a substance, such as a substance used in a meth lab or a flammable substance
- hazard values from NFPA 704 placards
- transportation identification, including DOT placards, type of road trailer, and type of rail car
- Use WISER’s protective distance mapping feature on your Android device. Visualize the areas likely to be affected during the first 30 minutes after a substance is spilled or released on a live map. The Department of Transportation’s Emergency Response Guidebook serves as the source of WISER’s protective distance data.
WISER for Android can be downloaded and installed directly from the Google Play Store.
Also, look for these exciting additions in the coming months:
- WISER for iOS and WISER for Android 4.5, which adds chemical reactivity, triage procedures, and WISER’s full set of radiological tools to these mobile platforms
- WISER 4.6, which will add many new substances to WISER and update much of WISER’s backend data, including its HSDB (Hazardous Substances Data Bank) substance data