National Library of Medicine Releases WISER for iOS 3.1!
The National Library of Medicine’s WISER for iOS 3.1, a universal app for Apple iOS devices, is now available. It can be downloaded and installed directly from the Apple App Store. Here’s a look at what’s new in this release:
- WISER now fully integrates content from the Chemical Hazards Emergency Medical Management (CHEMM) website. This integration includes:
- New hospital provider and preparedness planner profiles
- Acute care guidelines for 6 known mass casualty agents/agent classes
- The addition of a wealth of CHEMM reference material
- The new CHEMM Intelligent Syndrome Tool (CHEMM-IST), a help identify tool designed to diagnose the type of chemical exposure after a mass casualty incident
- Emergency Response Guidebook data is now updated to the ERG 2012; WISER for the iPhone includes a custom ERG 2012 tool
In addition, look for these exciting developments in the coming months:
- WISER for Android 1.1, which includes the same CHEMM integration and ERG 2012 updates detailed above
- Updates to the Windows and WebWISER platforms to include CHEMM integration, ERG 2012 data, and more
- WISER for Android 3.1, which adds Help Identify Chemical and protective distance mapping to this popular platform
WISER is a system designed to assist first responders in hazardous material incidents. It provides a wide range of information on hazardous substances; including substance identification support, physical characteristics, human health information, and containment and suppression advice.