Five Resources to Measure Hospital Performance
A recent article published in the Los Angeles Times by Scott J. Wilson listed the following data resources from government agencies and private organizations, designed to provide consumer information about hospitals.
- CalHospitalCompare.org from the California HealthCare Foundation.
- Hospital Compare from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- The Leapfrog Group, an employer coalition that promotes hospital safety and quality.
- Quality Check, a site operated by the Joint Commission accrediting organization.
- The Medicare site has a feature to help compare kidney dialysis centers.