October NIH News in Health Now Available!
The October issue of NIH News in Health, the monthly newsletter bringing you practical health news and tips based on the latest NIH research, is now available! In this edition:
- Weighty Issues for Kids: Taking Aim at Childhood Obesity– Kids today confront a growing problem—childhood obesity—that puts them at risk for a host of life-long medical conditions. Fortunately, there’s a lot that families and communities can do to help reduce childhood obesity.
- Community Immunity: How Vaccines Protect Us All– Parents know that kids are vulnerable to a host of infectious diseases. Research supported by NIH and others proves that the benefits of vaccines in preventing illness and death greatly outweigh the risks.
- Five Lifestyle Factors Lower Diabetes Risk
- Volunteers Needed for Children’s Study
- Featured Web Site: NIH Intramural Research Program
Please pass the word on to your colleagues about NIH News in Health! A limited number of print copies are available free of charge for display in offices, libraries or clinics. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-435-7489 for more information.