Healthy People 2020 Community Innovations Project: Request for Proposals (RFP)
Do you have an innovative plan to use Healthy People 2020 to improve the health of your community? Awards are available for community based organizations (not-for-profit) to address one or more Healthy People 2020 topic areas—with a special emphasis on environmental justice, health equity, or healthy behaviors across all life stages. Funding may only be used to support activities above and beyond general operations. In order to be eligible for consideration, proposed projects must address at least one of the Healthy People 2020 topics and incorporate at least one of the following priorities that are linked to the Healthy People 2020 overarching goals:
- Environmental justice: supporting the rights of all people to live in a healthy environment.
- Health equity: dealing with issues that cause some groups of people to have worse health than others.
- Healthy behaviors across all life stages: activities to improve the opportunities for people of all ages to make healthy choices.
- This is a one-time funding opportunity.
- Awards will range from $5,000 to $10,000.
- Up to 170 projects will be funded.
- Multiple submissions representing a single eligible entity will not be reviewed.
- Non-profit, community-based organizations with budgets less than $750,000 can apply for these funds.
- All funded activities must be completed by May 31, 2012.
- Proposals are due by 7:00 p.m. EDT, August 5, 2011.
If you have any questions regarding this proposal, please contact John Snow, Inc. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1.800.839.0934.