NNLM PSR Funding Guide
- NNLM PSR Subawards: Guidelines, Resources, and Answers! (August 28, 2019)
- Description: This was a webinar welcoming awarded project liaisons to this year’s NNLM PSR subaward program, going over some key points in subaward guidelines, providing an overview of some of the resources NNLM PSR offers for subawardees, and answering any questions subawardees have for NNLM staff.
- All awards are made on a cost-reimbursement basis.
- Awardees may submit invoices quarterly. Invoices must include documentation to support each line item in the invoice.
- Mail original invoice and supporting documentation to UCLA. For expedited processing, email PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NNLM PSR will provide a sample invoice when award guidelines are emailed, but other templates are also accepted. The requirements for an invoice include:
- Each expense listed as a line item with any necessary documentation.
- Your Purchase Order (PO) number (this can be found in your subaward agreement or by contacting the PSR Office).
- The budget period covered during the current invoice.
- The full budget period of the award (e.g., May 1, 2018–April 30, 2019).
It is not uncommon for changes to occur to a project after the agreement between your institution and NNLM PSR has been authorized. For example, an employee written into the project may leave your institution in the middle of the project or severe weather may make travel to an outreach event impossible. Some of these changes do not require an official change to a contract, while others do. For any changes, please discuss what will be altered with the NNLM PSR office.
Project extensions may be approved in circumstances in which an awardee needs additional time to complete the project beyond the agreed upon funding period (period of performance). To request an extension, please contact the NNLM PSR with a description of the barriers and a new timeline for the project. Before an extension can be approved, the NNLM PSR office must obtain written approval from the National Library of Medicine, a process which takes up to two weeks. If approval is granted, the PSR office will submit a subaward amendment request form through the University of California, Los Angeles, which will result in an amended contract for the project reflecting the new timeline.
Project Changes Without an Extension
It is common for changes to occur from what was proposed in your application, and the process for changes are handled on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the PSR office regarding any changes. Generally, project changes without an extension require awardees to document changes either in the application originally submitted or as a brief narrative in an email.