NNLM PSR Funding Guide
- NNLM PSR Subawards: Guidelines, Resources, and Answers! (September 22, 2020)
- Description: This was a webinar welcoming awarded project liaisons to this year’s NNLM PSR subaward program, going over some key points in subaward guidelines, demoing the data reporting system, providing an overview of some of the resources NNLM PSR offers for subawardees, and answering any questions subawardees have for NNLM staff.
- Presentation Slides
- Webinar Recording
Once your award has been approved, you will receive a set of guidelines listing the scope of work, deadlines, and procedures for evaluation and invoicing. Be sure to:
- Bookmark this guide for future reference.
- Keep all correspondence regarding your award; the guidelines document supplies key dates and deadlines.
- Reach out to NNLM PSR for a consultation or coaching! Our staff would be happy to discuss your project.
- Be prepared to provide updates -- you may want to schedule a progress check-in with NNLM PSR midway through your project.
- When doing outreach events, take photos that can be shared in future blog posts.
- Take note of participant feedback that will help tell your outreach story.
- Contact the NNLM PSR office with any questions. We would love to hear from you!
The Department of Health and Human Services synopsis of Section 508 accessibility requirements, requires that all Federal agencies, and subawardees receiving funds through this program, are obligated to make all electronic and information technology (EIT) that they develop, maintain or use compliant with Section 508. The NNLM Training Office provides guidance on how to make materials accessible to all audiences.
Awardees must acknowledge the support of the National Library of Medicine whenever publicizing the work under this award in any media by including an acknowledgment substantially as follows:
"Developed resources reported in this [publication, press release, website] are supported by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, under Cooperative Agreement number UG4LM012341. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health."
- All awards are made on a cost-reimbursement basis.
- Awardees may submit invoices quarterly. Invoices must include documentation to support each line item in the invoice.
- Mail original invoice and supporting documentation to UCLA. For expedited processing, email PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NNLM PSR will provide a sample invoice when award guidelines are emailed, but other templates are also accepted. The requirements for an invoice include:
- Each expense listed as a line item with any necessary documentation.
- Your Purchase Order (PO) number (this can be found in your subaward agreement or by contacting the PSR Office).
- The budget period covered during the current invoice.
- The full budget period of the award (e.g., May 1, 2020–April 30, 2021).
It is common for changes to occur from what was proposed in your application, and the process for changes are handled on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the PSR office regarding any changes.Awardees may be asked to document changes either in the application originally submitted or as a brief narrative in an email.