Pacific Southwest Region
The mission of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM) is to advance the progress of medicine, improve public health by providing U.S. health professionals with equal access to biomedical information, and improve individual's access to information to enable them to make informed decisions about their health.
Why attend the Symposium: Health Information for Public Librarians?
May 22-23, 2018
- Become more competent in health literacy for your patrons
- Learn about educational, financial and community engagement resources for health literacy outreach
- Meet colleagues with the same concerns about barriers and challenges in providing health literacy services
- Understand national Initiatives on reducing disparities in health
The Medical Library Association, Public Library Association and the National Network of Libraries of Medicine have joined forces and developed a symposium designed to bring public librarians, health sciences librarians, and health professionals together to learn from each other on how best to serve the diverse health needs of our community.
February 2018 Online Courses
NNLM is offering online classes and webinars about big data in healthcare, providing consumer health information in libraries, acting as a liaison with health professionals, grants and proposal writing, and providing reliable health information to older adults.
- Big Data in Healthcare: Exploring Emerging Roles
- Beyond an Apple a Day: Providing Consumer Health Information at Your Library
- Learning to Liaise with Health Professions
- Grants and Proposal Writing
- Healthy Aging at Your Library: Connecting Older Adults to Health Information