Resources and Educational Opportunities
The Pacific Northwest Region (PNR) staff offer classes and other educational opportunities to both network members and other organizations. These further our mission to promote awareness of and access to health and biomedical information. PNR staff also encourage network members to use these resources when providing training to others.
- Webinars: Information about upcoming and archived webinars and how to connect - PNR Rendezvous, PNR Partners, and NNLM Resource Picks.
- Training Schedule: Find free online training opportunities available from the PNR and other NNLM offices.
- Class Descriptions: Read class descriptions from all of the classes and webinars available to you from NNLM.
- Training Resources: A guide containing lesson plans, toolkits, and handouts for your training needs.
- Consumer Health Resources: A central location of consumer health resources available from NLM.
- Printed Materials: Members may request free NLM materials for their organization.
- Professional Development Library: The PNR Lending Library for members.
NNLM PNR staff can provide customized classes and presentations for member libraries or organizations on health information resources. To request a training for your group, contact us via email email@example.com or call (206) 543-8262.
NCBI Workshop Series
Recordings from June 14-15, 2016:
- Navigation Molecular Data Using Integrated Entrez System and BLAST
- Gene Expression Resources at the NCBI
- NCBI’s Medical Genetics Resources: ClinVar, GTR, and MedGen
- A Practical Guide to NCBI Web and Standalone BLAST
- Using NCBI Genome, Assembly, and Gene to Access Genome Sequences and Annotations